Antiques Assessment – Customer Information
Evaluation and buying up antiques today is one of the popular forms of selling old things. If you consider it necessary not just to throw things away, but to find a worthy application for them and get a reward for this, then this article will be useful for you.
What is antiques?
Not all things that are stored in your attic can be considered antiques. Various antiques that have a certain value can be considered antiques. Antiques – an object of collecting and trade. This category mainly includes:
· Icons / church utensils;
· Household items and more.
Simply put – antiques are old things that are no longer in use, but are of value to an antiquarian because of his interest and historical era. Professionals identify several basic criteria by which a thing can be attributed to antiques, among them:
· Age (at least one hundred years) – some antiquaries also distinguish a group of “antique” things that are valuable even if another hundred years have not passed;
· Rarity of a thing (uniqueness) – only those things that were produced in a single copy represent value. Serial production can also be valuable, which depends on many additional parameters;
· Connection with certain historically important events – objects can also be associated with memorable dates or represent a separate era;
· Historical / artistic / cultural value – a list of characteristics can be clarified by a specialist;
· Material value is an optional parameter, but it is an additional advantage.
How to identify antique items?
This information will be important for those who decide to buy antiques or sells some valuable things. Determining the antiquity of a thing must be done according to the parameters that were indicated above. Particular attention should be paid to the condition of the product. If a thing is defective, it doesn’t have any details or a restoration was carried out, then such a thing automatically loses its price.
Pay attention to what date the item was released / created. Some things (books, coins, household items) are issued in a special series, where various things complement each other. Such things can be sold more expensive.
An assessment at home is possible only in advance. Antique store independently sets the minimum price and priorities in the purchase of things. Therefore, your assessment of a thing can differ significantly from that of a store or person.
Where can I order an evaluation of things?
In the menu on the website of our store “Connoisseur” you can find categories of things that are priority for us. Each category contains a description of the preliminary assessment parameters.
Our company provides a highly qualified assessment of the antiquity of the subject, announces the real price for today and the possibility of rising / falling prices. Evaluation is carried out through the online form for free. After the assessment, the experts of our company offer you the most favorable price among all stores. After that, you can contact us and sell the item.
If you have additional questions or need some clarification, then you can contact the contact phone numbers, mail or social networks. Store consultants will promptly answer all your questions. You can visit the office premises, but only by prior arrangement.